Sunday, February 24, 2013

No bake energy balls

I got this easy, fast recipe at Gimme Some Oven.  This is a fantastic little pick me upper before heading to the gym. And what I really like about this besides the fact that it is easy/fast, is that it is clean eating. Tomorrow I will get into clean eating and why it should be an important part of anyone’s lifestyle. Here is the recipe for no bake energy balls:
1 cup dry oatmeal
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ (click on the hyperlinks to learn about all of the health benefits)
½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/3 cup roasted coconut flakes (I don’t like anything coconut, so I didn’t put that in my balls)
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional….I didn’t use this since I didn’t have it, but purchasing this in the future)
1 tsp vanilla extract

I bought this flaxseed at Walmart.  It is a nice size bag for about $3.50 which is a great deal for this.
 
So this is the type of peanut butter I use.  I like this because it is low in sodium.  You can also use almond butter or another healthy peanut butter substitute.
 
So basically add all of this in a mixing bowl. Then put bowl into fridge for about an hour and then form into little balls. I then put mine into the freezer in an air tight container for about an hour and then I put them into the fridge to keep. I guess you could keep it in an air tight container on the container, but I like my balls a little sturdy, not dry (I’ll admit every time I type “balls” I giggle a little bit). These are yummy and the Hubster can’t keep his hands off my balls. Enjoy!

The end result!  So yummy...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment